Sunday, May 10, 2015

How I've changed this year.

Looking back on this school year is pretty great. Of course there have been some extremely embarrassing moments and but some pretty great ones too. Every school year is a balancing act of school, friends, and fun, this year more than most. Even though I have failed the balancing act this year, its been a pretty good one.

Pic credit to me
    This year started with a close group of friends and feeling extremely self conscious. Slowly this year has moved and progressed, so have I along with it. I went from a self conscious social outcast, to someone is still a total outcast but I can socialize with others now and I feel quite good about myself, even self confident. Even 180 days of school days and about 9 months of school year seems like it would go slowly, it hasn't. This year has gone by so fast that it's simply crazy.

     In terms of academic changes, I have lost some of my momentum to reach my goals. But I also have improved in areas as well. Such as English. This year I have gone from barely being able to articulate my thoughts in writing to being able to write four blog posts in a single night. All though that might not sound like much, it is to me.  My whole life english has been my worst subject and a major struggle for me. So my english teacher must be doing something right. Thanks Mr. Parker! As for as my other subjects they have stayed the same. Math and Science are still my two best subjects and History is
getting harder every year. But you know what they say, "hard work, pays off". Band is getting better and better every year and is now more fun than ever. I can't stop looking forward to marching band this summer!

    This year has been a year that has allowed me to feel better about myself. I owe so much to my friends because they have supported me the whole way! I feel like i'm about to be free. (I hope that didn't sound like a hippie). Well anyways I hope you all had an awesome school year so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment