Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Good, The Bad and The Improving.

My own pic. This is Brighton! I love this place!
So a couple weeks ago I wrote a 6 page essay on arranged marriage in Japan for my Honors English class. By the end of the paper I finally was able to spell 'arranged' correctly without the help of spellcheck! Let me tell you guys something, I am not a good writer. I am decent and I can get my work done plus I can articulate what I want to say and thats the important part. My spelling has been horrendous as long as I can remember and English class has always been my worst subject and I would normally much rather be doing Math or working on a science project than do an english project. By the way it might sound like I am hating on myself right now but I am not. All of us have something we are good at and something that we could improve on.
     Every single one of us in this world has something that we are extremely good at and love to do. For me that is skiing. We all also have something to work on. But the worst thing any of us could ever do would be is to stop improving. We all can improve at everything that we do, that is one of the joys of being human. For example I began to learn how to ski when I was two years old and when I was 6 I hit a wall in my improvement. I couldn't become any better, so to fix that and surpass my wall I joined Brighton Race Team. After 6 years of racing I hit a wall once more. So I started to free ski and train myself and this year I have started teaching skiing at Brighton. I am still improving at skiing and at english. No matter what you are working on you can always improve at everything you do.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment