Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Job!

As a 15 year old this is the time of lives when we begin to think about jobs and money and being more independent.  I have started my first job recently, at the end of november. I am Peer instructor at Brighton Ski Resort. Basicly I teach skiing to kids age 4-7 with an older instructor. I have a lot of fun but it is also hard work and very tiring job.  

This is a picture of the view from Brighton's main restaurant. My own pic! 
My workday starts by waking up at 6:30am to get ready and get all my gear together and leave my house by 7:20. (It takes me about 20 minutes just to get out of bed!)
I catch the city bus at the mouth of Big CottonWood Canyon at 7:50. I arrive at Brighton at 8:30, now my day actually starts! At 9:00 I have just enough time for about 3-5 runs before I have to actually work. 10:10 morning classes start. Morning classes end at 12:30 Afternoon classes begin at 1:10 and end at 4:00. Then I get home about 6:00. That is my work day!
       So there are 6 levels that we teach (this is for skiing classes. Boarding classes are different). Level 1 are 'Never-Evers' These kids have never skied before. Level 2 have skied before, our goal with these kids are to get them out of tip-clamps. Tip-clamps are little clamps that attach to the tip of each of ski to get the kids to make a wedge (a.k.a snowplow, pizza, A-shape).  We have most of our classes in these two levels. Level 3 is learn to turn, these kids can don't need tip clamps to stop or control their speed. Level 4 is turning and getting out of wedges and learn how to parallel skiing.  Level 5 and 6 are our top most classes and are usually combined because these kids skill level are very close to eachother.
       I love my job! That is teaching at Brighton in a nutshell!! Thanks for reading!










No comments:

Post a Comment