Friday, March 27, 2015

Symphony Club.

    Tonight I went with the Symphony Club to Abravanel Hall to see Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 2 and Orchestral Suite from The Ring. The Ring is a series of 4 operas usually performed over 4 consecutive nights. The total length of the 4 operas is about 15hrs. Tonight we saw and Orchestral Suite which was only 45min. The Orchestral Suite contained music from all 4 operas. The names of these opera are: Das Rheingold, Die Walküre, Siegfried, and Götterdämmerrung. Wagner wrote these plays over of about 26 years. Wagner is one for my absolute favorite composers.

Pic credited to SLCCFA
     A typical night at Symphony club consists of eating, listening and bus riding. First of all we normally ride a school bus down to city creek mall. At city creek we eat at the food court. The food court has many different types of food, everything from pizza to mexican food, and Asian cuisine to great american classics. Afterwards we walk to Abravanel Hall and listen to whatever performance we happen to be seeing, which usually starts around 8 o'clock. about halfway though the performance there is an intermission. The symphony useally ends about 10 o'clock. We get home about 10:30 - 11. That is our typical night at Symphony club.


1 comment:

  1. Lol, I go to the symphony with my parents 'cause you guys just aren't fun enough (jk). Also, why do I need to listen to Beethoven's 2nd piano concerto when I can just play it? Lol!

    I'm glad you're taking the time to stress just how awesome the symphony is and I'm happy that you have great experiences at symphony club. I encourage you to continue going with them while I go with my parents, who'll actually TALK to me about the symphony after…lol…

    I am also very intrigued and slightly befuddled by this newfangled virtual fish-feeding experience you have on you blog. It is very captivating and distracting in a fun way. In fact, I just played with it for an hour and a half before realizing that I was supposed to be finishing this comment.

    -JazzOboe

    ReplyDelete